The UH-1 Huey is one of the most iconic and recognizable helicopters in the world. Having served extensively as a transport and armed combat support helicopter in the Vietnam War, the Huey continues to perform a wide variety of military and civilian missions around the world today.
"DCS: UH-1H Huey" features an incredible level of modelling depth that reproducers the look, feel, and sound of this legendary helicopter with exquisite detail and accuracy. Developed in close partnership with actual UH-1H operators and experts, the DCS Huey provides the most dynamic and true to life conventional helicopter experience available on the PC.
A variety of realism and gameplay options, a number of single missions and a handcrafted campaign storyline featuring custom voiceovers and characters provide ample fun and immersion for both the realism buff and the casual enthusiast.
"DCS: UH-1H Huey" is the first DCS title to offer multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner. The helicopter can be flown as either a lightly armed combat transport or a close air support platform armed with steerable rapid-firing machine guns and unguided rockets.
A comprehensive training course that includes both demonstration lessons and in-cockpit interactive tutorials designed with the help of real helicopter pilots takes you through the learning process of proper helicopter control and employment.
A powerful yet easy-to-use mission editor allows you to create an unlimited number of both single-player and multiplayer missions and campaigns. A one-click Mission Generator also allows you to instantly create battles as small or large as you wish.
Fly online using the built-in server browser and fight with or against other player-controlled DCS aircraft like the Ka-50 Black Shark, P-51D Mustang and A-10C Warthog in a rich multiplayer environment.
Key Features of "DCS: UH-1H Huey" include:
- Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC.
- Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner.
- Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology.
- Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate the systems using the mouse.
- Realistic modelling of the UH-1H instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Highly detailed UH-1H external 3D model, liveries, and weapons.
- Accurate and engaging audio environment based on actual UH-1H sound recordings.
- Missions that include transport and combat support operations.
- Training that includes interactive and video lessons.
- Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.
- Developed in close cooperation with real UH-1H operators.